- All Services
Amazing Births Certified Birth Doulas will go the extra mile to make your birth experience wonderful. Whether you choose a natural or medicated path, our doulas will support you every step of the way in achieving your desired birth.
Amazing Births Birth Doulas will:
- Provide a wide range of caring, non-clinical and highly beneficial techniques that include physical comfort measures and emotional support before, during and after the birth.
- Understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor.
- Access helpful information for the expectant, laboring and postpartum parent/s to assist in their decision making.
- Work in cooperation with physicians, midwives, nurses, and the partners and families of laboring and postpartum women.
- Facilitate communication between the laboring woman, her partner, and clinical care providers.
- Recognize that childbirth is a key life experience that the mother will remember all her life. Thus, doulas help nurture and protect the woman’s memory of her birth experience.
Next Step… Call us to schedule a complimentary consultation for doula services. We will be happy to answer all of your questions about doula services, birthing options and explain what makes Amazing Births so unique!
To schedule a consult with Vivian (Hollywood) click here or sign up for o for our FREE “Meet the Doula” event in Hollywood
Every client receives the following:
- An initial consultation to ensure that we are the right match for your birth expectations.There is no charge for this consultation.
- 1-2 meetings with your birth support team to discuss (and develop) your birth guide and the needs of each person involved
- 24-hour phone assistance.
- Professional labor support at your home and at your chosen birthing site.
During labor, you can expect massage, visualization, help with relaxation, aromatherapy, body pampering, and informational support
- Photography of your labor and the birth (optional)
- Breast-feeding support for your baby’s first feeding.
- Postpartum follow-up. Includes breast-feeding observation and support, answering questions you may have about your birth and of course admiring your new baby! We’ll help ease the transition as you welcome your newborn into your family.
Fee for Amazing Births™ Doula services ~ $500 – $1200
Amazing Births provides mentoring for new community doulas, whose fees start at only $100!
Also available are birth/labor tub rentals with prices starting at just $200!
To inquire, please call us at 954-610-9754
Did you know that you can use one of our labor tubs at Coral Springs Medical Center, The Memorial Hospitals and Broward Health?
Dads & Doulas
The baby’s father plays an essential role in providing support for the baby’s mother. A doula cannot make some of the unique contributions that the partner makes. Such contributions include an intimate knowledge of the woman, and his love for her and the baby. As doulas, we are not there instead of the partner. It has been found that a doula compliments the role of the partner. Some Dads may feel overwhelmed with the expectations to be instant experts and decision makers in regards to childbirth. That type of expectation is unrealistic for anyone who has little prior knowledge of birth or medical procedures. With this expectation, some partners can feel helpless and distressed and are not able to provide the confident reassurance and constant nurturing that a woman in labor needs. With a doula present, the pressure on the partner is decreased and they are able to participate at their own level of comfort. Partners often feel relieved when they know they have a doula there to help them and they actually enjoy the experience much more!
HypnoBirthing® Trained Doula
Traditionally trained Doulas qualified in supporting moms and dads who have prepared for their births through classes in HypnoBirthing®, The Mongan Method and mothers who want the the benefits of a HypnoBirthing® trained Doula.
The HypnoBirthing® Support Techniques with the specific techniques and philosophical information aligned with your needs in hospital or home birth settings.
Certified HypnoBirthing® Professional Labor Companions through the HypnoBirthing® Institute, as well as Certified Doulas.
We have the backgrounds and experience to address your concerns fully about the transitions your family will face as you prepare for birth.
We believe in a woman’s ability to know what to do in childbirth. We offer gentle, loving support to families who are striving for a smooth and natural childbirth experience, regardless of the setting you choose: Hospital, Birth Center, or Home. Even though there are no guarantees in childbirth, having a Doula?s support can improve your experience and give you a c
the best chance of experiencing a natural birth that mirrors nature.
What is a Doula?
The word Doula is an ancient Greek word for Woman-Servant. In our modern birthing culture it refers to a professionally trained woman who provides support to the laboring family. This support is often described as unconditional, emotional, physical, and informational support.
Why Hire a Doula?
The process of labor and birthing creates a vulnerable time ain a couple’s relationship and the growth of the family. The support of a Doula can ease the transition with both emotional and physical comfort measures. The pressure is taken off the couple to remember everything. And they can focus on each other and the task at hand. The Doula is there to answer questions, act as your advocate and create confidence. All members of the family are served by the Doula.
Birth is a transitional experience encompassing mind, body, and spirit. Calm assurance from a Doula allows a woman to build confidence in her body’s abilities. During pregnancy we are available to our clients to answer questions and discuss concerns. We can provide nurturing and practical information and help you clarify your desires about birth and newborn care. We will help you prepare by teaching you how to communicate your desires with your care providers. During labor and birth we will suggest and implement practical ways to cope with the challenges of labor and birth so the mother and family will feel more relaxed and in control. After labor and birth we are available to provide the continued emotional and informational support that can make the difference in your baby’s first week’s of life.
- Studies show that women who are accompanied by a Doula in childbirth
- Have lower rates of Caesarean
- Are often more satisfied with their birth experiences
- Feel more confident
- Are more likely to interact closely with their infants
- Less likely to have postpartum depression
- Mothers who are cared for by Doulas are much more likely to initiate and continue breastfeeding, and have fewer newborns with complications